The Department of Immigration (DIAC) and the Australian Government have introduced more changes to the 457 Employer Sponsored Visa regime. Here is a summary of some of the new requirements, which were introduced on 1 July 2009:
1. Previously it was not necessary for a visa applicant to submit a skills assessment with his or her visa application. However the DIAC has announced that skills assessments will now be required in some cases.
2. The threshold income levels (base salary levels) have been increasedand are now set at:
- $45,220 for non IT occupations.
- $40,705 for Regional Certified occupations and $55,725 for IT Occupations.
- $61,920 for Information and Communications Technology Occupations.