Archive for category NZ Long Terms Skills Shortage List
As part of its biannual review, the INZ has announced the following amendments to its skilled occupations lists, which will come into force on 8 September (NZ time):
Immediate Skills Shortage List (ISSL)
This list is used in the approval of temporary work visa and permit applications.
If your occupation is listed on this list, and you have an offer of employment in that occupation, the INZ officers will automatically accept that there are no suitably qualified New Zealand citizens or residents available to undertake the role.
The current revision has seen the following occupations being deleted off the ISSL:
• Architectural Designer
• Architectural Draughtsperson (Civil CAD Designer)
• Architectural Draughtsperson
• Graphic Artist
• Fire Alarm Technician
• Florist (Senior)
• Gas Fitter
• Vehicle Body Builder (Bus or Coach only)
• Horse Trainer (Stallion Master)
• Horse Trainer (Stud Groom)
• Trackwork Rider
• Telecommunications Technician
• Marine Designer – now added to the LTSSL
• Systems Analyst - now added to the LTSSL
• Software Engineer - now added to the LTSSL
• ICT Support and Test Engineer - now added to the LTSSL
The following occupations have been added to the ISSL:
• Automotive Technician (Motor Mechanic)
• Scaffolder (Advanced)
Long Term Skills Shortage List (LTSSL)
This list is used as a source of occupations which, if listed, can result in the reward of bonus points for points test purposes. The list is also used to identify migrants who may qualify for the work to residence visa program.
The current revision of the LTSSL has led to the addition of the following occupations to the LTSSL:
• Ship’s Officer
• Ship’s Master
• Forest Scientist
• Conductor (Conductive Education Practitioner)*
• Construction Project Manager (Chip Sealing, Asphalt or other Technical Manager) (Roading and Infrastructure)*
• Construction Project Manager (Roading and Infrastructure)*
• Ship’s Engineer*
Only one occupation has been deleted from the list, and that is the occupation of architect.
Please see the full lists by clicking here: Amendment Circular LTSSL and ISSL September 2010
Sort Out My Visa is a registered and licensed Australian and NZ visa specialist, providing visa and migration services to individuals and families wanting to travel to, conduct business, work or live in Australia or New Zealand. Visit Sort Out My Visa for more information.